On Sunday, May 4, 2014, Bike New York will sponsor the 37th Annual TD Five Boro Bike Tour event. This event, the largest bike ride in the country, offers 32,000 cyclists the opportunity to bike through all five boroughs–Manhattan, The Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island–on streets totally free of traffic. Each year, the event chooses a select few charity partners which will benefit from benevolent riders who choose to raise funds on the charity’s behalf. This year, A Kids’ Brain Tumor Cure Foundation (AKBTC) was chosen as one of the 50 charity partners.
To become a VIP member of the AKBTC riding team, you must register online and commit to raising a minimum of $1000 which will directly benefit AKBTC. As a VIP, you’ll be eligible for a number of important benefits:
1) Fuel up with a pre-ride breakfast
2) Start the Tour at the front of the pack
3) Time your climb up the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge with your chip equipped rider bib
4) Relax at the Finish Festival in a reserved area and refuel with a gourmet lunch.
5) Ride wearing a brand new, TD Five Boro Bike Tour/AKBTC rider jersey