A Kids’ Brain Tumor Cure Foundation (aka The PLGA Foundation) actively promotes partnerships with other non-profit organizations (other cancer or brain tumor foundations, hospitals, government entities, private 501(c)(3)s, etc.), private individuals or other.
Past success has shown us that only through the collaboration of resources, both physical and monetary, will we be able to move the needle FASTER for improved treatments and a cure. Time is not a luxury that our PLGA children have to spare….
Sample partnerships include (but not limited to):
- In collaboration with the Why Not Me? Foundation, A Kids’ Brain Tumor Cure Foundation has funded the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia in numerous grant awards over the past 5 years
- Making Headway, a 501(c)(3) organization which raises funds for a children’s brain tumor clinic at New York University, partnered with A Kids’ Brain Tumor Cure Foundation to fund a clinical trial at NYU.
- The Brain Tumor Society has supported multiple request for proposal and grant application/distribution processes to help identify PLGA specific projects and distribute funds raised by PLGA Foundation families who participated in the BTS event – Ride for Research.
- Endurance Trust (a private 501 (c)(3)) has raised significant funds for PLGA Foundation through their own Adventure Racing events.
- Team Hailey (a family with a PLGA child) has raised significant funds, volunteered help on PLGA Foundation projects, created a website for their child and linked with us, etc.
- The Childhood Brain Tumor Foundation, MD, supported development of a comprehensive JPA Research Symposium (May 2006), provided scientific advisory counsel, reviewed and distributed grants, etc.in association with PLGA Foundation affiliated families.
WE will work with YOU to raise funds for EITHER the PLGA Foundation OR another PLGA program, provided that the funds will be used exclusively for the advancement of PLGA research.